Weather Alert

Structure Fire On South Garfield Easily Put Out

The Amarillo Fire Department was sent out to a structure fire in the 1600 block of South Garfield Tuesday Morning. 

Crews on the scene first saw smoke and flames toward the rear of the house. 

Firefighters pulled hoses and began putting out the fire, while another crew entered the building. 

There were no injuries, and occupants were already outside when crews arrived. 

The fire was under control in 7 minutes.

The fire was started because the homeowner attempted to thaw frozen pipes with an electric heat gun, starting flames inside the walls and into the bathroom. 

AFD reminds you to be careful when warming frozen pipes, don’t put heat sources too close to structures, or leave heating devices unattended.



Connect With Us Listen To Us On