The Potter County Sheriff’s Office is looking to fill a position.
The Sheriff’s Office is looking for a State of Texas Registered Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, or Licensed EMT-P to work in the corrections facility.
Applicants must be able to pass the state jail standards training and test for licensing as a corrections officer.
If interested, contact the Training and Personnel department at 379-2906.
Applications can be found online at pottercountysheriff.org or picked up an application packet at 13103 Northeast 29th Avenue.
EXAMPLES OF JOB DUTIES
1. Provides both emergency and non-emergency medical care to inmates.
2. Administers prescribed medications.
3. Observes and assesses health needs of inmates.
4. Participates in planning and implementation of all health care for inmates.
5. Medically clear inmates in booking area.
6. Responds quickly to calls for assistance to all areas of the Detention Center as directed by central control or as needed.
7. Charts in medical files.
8. Recording and TB testing of inmates.
9. Provide blood draws as ordered by contract physician or court order. 10. Maintains records of drugs and medications
11. Assist in medical care plans of inmates.
12. Performs related work as assigned.
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
• Knowledge of office rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• General emergency provider knowledge
• Ability to function safely and effectively within a correctional environment
• Ability to work in high stress situations
• Knowledge of security procedures and techniques
• Knowledge of psychiatric/mental health problems
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Use of medical instruments and laboratory equipment
• Conduct physical health assessments
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees.