The Amarillo Fire Department was able to save a family pets after a structure fire Thursday.
Around 10:40 am, crews were sent to 4602 Southwest 38th avenue with a total of eight units responding to the fire, which was brought under control by 10:59.
There were no injuries at the fire, and crews were able to remove several family pets, unharmed.
The Amarillo’s Fire Marshal’s Office was called to the scene to investigate the cause of the fire although the purpose of the fire was ruled “undetermined.” And caused $60,000 in damages.
The Fire Department reminds the community to never plug a space heater into an extension cord or power strip. Never overload an extension cord by plugging in appliances exceed the maximum current rating stated for the extension cord and always keep any flammable items at least three feet away from any space heater.